June 2018 Reading List

Lately, I have been doing a lot of reading and have come across some awesome articles, blogs and books. I have been bookmarking a lot of them and then I usually forgot to read some of those. Taking inspiration from some of the pioneers (Bill Gates), I am thinking of experimenting with publishing my own reading list and will be summarizing the most important points of the article.

I have dual motivation to do that. With my increasingly busy schedule and the amount of new content being generated everyday, there is no time to revisit the content I have already read. Having a summary of articles would help me revisit them faster and will help me reference them later, if needed. Along with the article itself, I sometimes read some more content around the topic to bring myself up to speed and also verify the facts and figures. This way I can put all the content and knowledge in one place and won't be losing the research I did along the way. Secondly, it will give me enough content for my blog, so I get to keep experimenting with my writing :)

I am not sure how this approach will turn out and how much time it will end up taking, but I am going to give a try for the next couple of months and will keep everyone updated about the stats.

  • Entrepreneur Magazine (June 2018)
    • Expand your boundaries and prepare for your next job. Seek out opportunities. It will help u grow and do things you might not have done otherwise.
    • Why it's brilliant?
      • Marketing
        • It's all about timing
          • wrt to events happening around, relating to viral content etc.
        • Stand out of the crowd
          • Horror ice cream ad
          • Misspelled ad in Oxford American magazine
          • IKEA ad treated with pregnancy-kit technology: "Peeing on this ad may change your life", revealing discount on crib!
      • Growth Strategy
        • Listen and incorporate feedback
          • crowd-sourced R&D
          • Airbnb recategorized listings
        • Adopt technology, while addressing problems
          • Domino's self driving pizza delivery
          • Starbucks digital menus - promote items at certain times and dynamic pricing
      • Product Innovation and Services
        • L'Oreal UV sense
        • 8k Flexwarm
        • Nike Pro Hijab (inclusion at its best!)
        • Engineer.AI
        • Castbox
        • Root insurance
  • Getting Eighty-Sixed (kicked-out): How a common slang come into origin!
  • Reasons NASA projects miss deadlines
    • Wrong incentives
      • Will keep getting funding even if the deadlines are missed
      • Approved project becomes "too big to fail" and thus challenges are downplayed
    • Funding Instability
    • Developing and retaining experienced project managers
  • Make sure to secure your databases
  • Yakhchal: Ancient refrigeration, around 400 BC 😳
  • I am getting a GoCube! Yay!





























Comments

Popular Posts