2019 OKRs mid-way updates.

The things I am missing out on is writing more here. I will try to be more regular, but I haven't stopped reading interesting articles :) Lots of moving pieces

  • Fitness:
    • Exercise: 0.45
      Reduce body weight and body fat by 7%.

      Going strong, have not been consistent but have more control on diet. I think if I start hitting gym more regularly, I can achieve this easily. On fitness level, I think I am currently at 105% of last year.

      AI: Be More Regular!
    • Tennis: 0.65
      Reach 4.0 NTRP by year end.
      This was ambitious from Day 1, but I am proud to say that I have made most progress on this one. Have started regular classes and it's been fun! I am somewhere between 3.5 to 4.0 and I think I can achieve this by EOY.

      AI: Focus on specific improvement areas and work hard on those.
  • Learning
    • Reading: 0.8
      Read at least 1 book a month.
      Going on strong. So far I have read 6 so far and I am on 7th one. 
      AI: Keep going.
    • Guitar: 0.2
      All major chords transition, 5+ songs and venture into strumming
      Started very recently. Making good progress. Would highly recommend these lessons.

      AI: Keep going. More dedication.
    • Meditation: 0.3
      30 mins each day.

      WIP, but not at a level I would like.

      AI: Focus more, clear out the thoughts.
  • Travelling:
      • Vacations: 0.9
        Cover 3+ states in US and 1+ international location

        Chicago (Illinois) [went to Wisconsin, so can use as a backup :p] and Florida so far. Planning going on for Canada in September!

        AI: Make sure plan works (hardest part or it's gonna be a solo trip).
      • Rafting: 1.0
        2 dedicated rafting trips

        1 done, Tuolumne river, Class 4s and 1 Class 5. Amazing experience, cold water, rainy weather. Next of the list is Cherry Creek, but maybe next year.

        AI: Find some other water things to do. Surfing or Scuba. 

  • Stretch goals

      • Pet ProjectsBring 2+ ideas to prototype stage.

        I think one of the side effects of working at Google for the last 4 years is the fact that I am getting used to a laid-back life and not pushing myself to my limits, in tech field. I have done some awesome projects here, but I feel that I can do better. The pet projects will help me to challenge myself, taking me outside my comfort zone.

        Progress so far:
        The ideas have been there, but the lack of motivation is the missing key ingredient.

        AI: On the back burner. Need to re-focus :/
      • Motorcycle: 0.6
        Get a license and a motorcycle.

        I want to get a motorcycle. Driving at 65+ mph (104 kmph) on 4-wheeler dominated highways presents it's own set of risks, but it's so much fun to drive one. It's a multi-step process from getting a license to deciding which bike to get. Let's see how this one goes.
        Progress so far:
        I am going to get a license of Sept 6. Appointment booked!!

Comments

Popular Posts